We are always interested in applications for employment. Although opportunities will only arise from time to time we keep an employment register with a list of contact details. We offer guiding assistant positions from those on the register*.
You will need the following (essential) qualifications:
- Be over eighteen years of age
- Senior (LII) First Aid
- Experience in remote area bushwalking/ outdoor activities including experience on the Overland Track
- Knowledge of Tasmania's natural environment
- A competent, friendly and humble attitude and the ability to relate to people from a wide range of backgrounds
- The physical ability to carry all necessary equipment (18+kg), work long hours and in sometimes difficult circumstances
Preferably you may also have or be willing to obtain:
- Advanced outdoor experience and skills
- Advanced/ tertiary level knowledge of Tasmania’s natural environment
- Catering and cooking skills
- Knowledge of office procedures and basic computer skills
- Public vehicle licence endorsement
- Remote area first aid qualifications
Obviously, a lot to ask for (what may be) a casual position. We do, however, attempt to look after our personnel with good conditions, above average rates of pay and we minimise the need for heavy packs wherever possible.
Equal opportunity is given to all applicants regardless of age and gender (within the bounds of the conditions mentioned above).
Interested? Please contact us (e-mail preferred) address the essential criteria above and send a copy of a recent resume.
*2008/09 Guiding Positions-Those who have provided a resume are welcome to re-send to express current interest